27 January 2009

Christmas 2008 in Washington State with Erynn

I got to have another Christmas Day - in Washington - when I flew up to play with grandchild #7, Erynn. Appropriately for Christmas there was snow on the ground. Brrrr, and lucky was I to arrive after the really big storms. It did snow while I was there, but not so much!

Erynn is looking at the "Elmo" book. Actually, it is the album I made for her, but she loves Elmo, and I included Elmo stickers here and there. So - when she would yell (this girl has a BIG voice) for Eh-mo!, this is the book she wanted to see.

Erynn and her parents play a game, where they tell her to go to the kitchen while they hide "Boo," who is one of her favorite plush toys - a ghost she got for Halloween. They hide Boo, and then call her, and she comes back in, hunting for Boo. She says, "Where Boo go?" Then answers her own question with, "I 'o' know," putting her hands up and shrugging her shoulders. When she finds Boo, she squeals with delight, and then gives Boo back to her parents to hide him again.

Erynn got a pretty new red dress for Christmas. Here she is with her happy Mom.

Erynn loves the baby in the mirror (mee-er). She's not 100% sure who that baby is, and when we were at the store and she saw herself in a three-way mirror, she kept looking behind one wing of the mirror to see where that baby was.

Here we are, shopping at Penny's. She looks pretty tiny, surrounded by the "Ladies Dept." slacks.

Darryl had a birthday, and I baked a cake. There are seven candles on the cake -- yes, seven is in the number somewhere.......

A family picture -- Darryl, Erynn and Leslie. Looks like Erynn has just asked where something is and is saying, "I 'o' know." By the time I left, after visiting for three weeks, Erynn knew over 100 words, some spoken very clearly, indeed. You should hear her say, "RainBOW!" - but of course, you'd better be ready to sing the "Rainbow" song.

GG (for Grandma Gwen) and Erynn, are having a reading session here. Erynn loves books and is always demanding BOOK!, wanting someone to read to her. She has her favorite books, and will keep turning back to a page she especially likes. One page ended with the word "now" and she liked saying the word. So back and back again to that page.

Erynn is saying "hat's off" to everyone. In fact she really likes hats -- not her own, but her daddy's. When passing the hall closet, she often calls out, "Ha -T!" She's very good at consonants, which makes understanding what she says much easier of course.
With those black pants, white shirt, and the hat with red on it, she looks like a little toreador or some such. This is one "cool" baby.


More photos of Erynn and fun dialogue can be enjoyed on Erynnann.blogspot.com, should you be so inclined.
My visit was wonderful, and I'm anxious to see this tiny girl soon again.






No comments: