Kelly's family arrived in bunny ears, which made us all smile. In age order, Kelly, Teresa, Blake, Jared and Haley.
Greg and Teri had arrived early to be Easter Bunny helpers.
This is the only photo from my camera with me on it (that I like enough to show) - so here I am with Haley, Teresa, and Teri.

I should have had Teri put her shots on my computer, because I can't access them off the Kodak site for the blog. The Easter baskets and eggs were mainly on her camera. Also, she got photos of our Skype-call-with-webcam to Darryl, Leslie and and Erynn, but I can't share those with you. It was great fun to have most of the family able to talk to and see one another, all at the same time. Jared enjoyed seeing what his tongue looked like across the miles; Haley liked talking to them about who knows what, and Erynn was singing, and it was a general "hoorah." It was fun and made the miles between us shrink dramatically.
*
The dinner: I cooked Rock Cornish Game Hens for each person, with rice stuffing; it was a novelty and fun for all. Tasty, too! Somebody bring the rolls, please. (Serving game hens shall not likely be repeated....cleaning and stuffing one turkey is a lot less work than cleaning and stuffing eight tiny chickens! Yet, I'm glad I did it - once! ;-D . One bonus is that I didn't have to worry about boiling the carcasses for soup, so that was a plus. No Rock Cornish Game Hen left-overs recipes to hunt down. No Cornish Hen a' la King!)
The day had begun early for me and the choir. We rehearsed before church, which starts at 9:30. Greg and Teri came to support the Mommy in this endeavor, and the choir did a fine job. I very much enjoy directing choir! We had a wonderful Easter message by our friend, Mark, and it was good to be reminded by words and music why we celebrate this very special day. Then being with family (near and far) and enjoying the childrens' fantasy world of Easter Bunny and egg hunts, just topped off the day. I missed Meg and David, Kelsey, and Elder Garrett; I hope their Easter Sunday was a good one! Yours, too.For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3-16

No comments:
Post a Comment