14 February 2010

Valentine's Day with the Choir 2010

Happy Valentine's Day
This year, Valentine's Day was on Sunday, which was also our Hayward Stake Conference Sunday. I've been rehearsing the Stake Choir for several Sundays, and today was our performance. This super choir remembered everything we rehearsed, and sang beautifully. I really do love them. So - I made them a Valentine! I know, it's a real work of art, especially with that superb lettering and all. (I never have been good at lettering, but it's the thought that counts?) Anyway, it was an Awww-moment when I showed it to them.
Then I turned it around. Hahaha. And the truth is, they were not just mine -- we were "one-another's" because I so much loved working with them in rehearsals, and there we all were, primed and ready to present the finished product.
This was good for a laugh, and if you know me, you know I like to laugh and be joyful. To make up for being a bit sassy, I brought a treat.

Yes, indeed -- kisses for one and all. I had planned on making some chocolates for them, but with all the germs around my house with my coughing the past two weeks, I decided it would be unkind to make anything myself; instead of giving them a treat, I might have given them a virus. So, factory-wrapped Hershey's kisses had to make do this time.

I know I've shown this one before - but these are my closest sweet Valentines, and with everyone in red, it seems ppropriate to have them on hand again for today.



Last, but not least -- my favorite photo of my favorite Valentine and me. I know, I know, you've seen it a dozen times, but that's because I like it so much! We were likely 15 years younger in this photo, give or take a year. It wouldn't be fittin' if I didn't have Glen 'n Gwen on a Valentine posting, so here it is, once again. (I miss him!)

I hope you had a sweet Valentine's Day, All You!

No comments: