21 February 2009

February 21st Hodge Podge

I have some interesting photos I thought might interest those visiting my blog. My Uncle Jay emailed this photo of my grandparents, Joseph and Elizabeth Price; it is their wedding photo. I don't suppose anyone still has that gorgeous dress???


Got some photos of my grandson, Elder Garrett -- he's the one on your left (stage right, if you understand what I mean). He still has six months to serve, and is doing a gr-r-reat job!

Here is my next-oldest grandson, Blake, A.K.A. The White Rabbit. I caught the cute skit of "Alice in Wonderland" which Blake's high school drama class put on for the nearby grade school children, where incidentally his sister goes to school. Blake was a gr-r-reat White Rabbit.
I just signed this painting, which is one my dad began and didn't quite finish. I don't know if he likes the way I finished it, but I figure that if he set it aside and didn't finish it, then it's fair game. I put in about 23-24 hours on it, and yet it is not perfect; but I think it's okay. The color here isn't quite true, but you can get the idea. Dad loved the California Redwoods. I know of at least four, perhaps more, which he began, and of those finished at least two. Now I shall work on something that is all mine. I wonder what it will be?

Just returned home from Saturday night Stake Conference. My friend, Gene, and I sang a duet of "O My Father" which turned out pretty well, I think. It is fun to sing once in a while with someone who has a trained voice. Gene is a tenor-turning-baritone, and I am a soprano-turning-higher-soprano. Age is sending our voices wherever it wishes. Gene is probably 15 years younger than I, so by the time he's my age, perhaps he will be a bass? And I shall most likely have quit singing... :o(
Thanks for stopping by. Gwen

No comments: