
I finally got Haley situated under the real covers and onto the real pillows. I know it looks like there is room enough for Haley and for me in the bed, but I spent some time during the night "shoveling" her over because she gets very close, and almost pushes me out of bed. By the way, she has not joined the Hari Krishnas -- she fell going up cement steps the other day and gave herself a good bonk. But no concussion.
I have two teddy bears on my bed. One was a bear I "stuffed" for my mother, and when she passed away I took it back. The other was a bear I got for $5 for spending a little money at Penny's one Christmas season. They kind of look like a pair - Glen and Gwen teddy bears? Jared decided he'd like to hug something, too, so he got the "boy" bear. The sleeping bag didn't last long -- he climbed out, and I covered him with a blanket. Yes, he is next to my bed. It was "fun" making sure I didn't step on him getting into bed, and then pushing Haley over so that I had enough space not to fall out.
I didn't take pictures of Blake in bed - he's 17 and could give me some trouble over picture-taking. :o) He slept in the spare bedroom. I had fully intended Jared to sleep there, with Blake in the sleeping bag by the bed, so that Jared would not be nervous. But Jared wanted in on the Grandma room, so lucky Blake got a queen-sized bed to himself. Since he shares a room at home, this was a treat. He was a big help to me with the kids.
Haley cried when she had to go home which means, I guess, the overnighter was a success. We watched at least three movies - two today. Jared had his DS, and some of us made "instant" cookies in the shape of hearts (instant, in that I didn't provide flour, shortening, eggs, etc., but only an oven).
This is Jared having total concentration on his DS. Anytime one needs a grandson to be quiet, give him a handheld electronic game. It is magic. Very addicting for the child, so use sparingly.Kelly and Teresa were celebrating their Anniversary, that's why.....

No comments:
Post a Comment