07 March 2009

Flowers for Glen

I suppose I am in "blogging mode" or something, but I am sure it will be at least "a while" before I blog again - I think. Anyway, I realized that while I am playing with my granddaughter, I will miss the beauty of these particular daffodils. So I took them to Glen. Can he see them? Of course he can, if he cares to visit this place. To me, this is a sacred place, and I believe he visits sometimes. I will know for myself one day; hopefully not too soon. This is something we have to find out first-hand, unfortunately.

When Glen died, I decided to put flowering plants around the yard so that I would have flowers to take to the cemetery. Generally, I don't cut the daffodils and tulips, but leave those to brighten the yard (and buy daffodils from Safeway and Trader Joe's when they are a good price). But this time I cut them, and I added cuttings from my brilliantly blooming tea trees. The deer won't bother these flowers. The ones they love are orchids (their fave), roses, carnations, etc. They don't eat zinnias, either. One has to learn. :o)

I realize I am announcing my age, but hey - there is no denying it any more, so I don't really care if you know. If you have bad eyesight, you still don't know. Hahaha.

If you look in the top corner, you will see some sprigs of tea trees; I had more than enough, so my friend, Vincent, got those. We have many good friends whose bodies are at rest in this cemetery. Not a bad place to wait.

3 comments:

johnandlinda said...

I love the picture of you and Glen.
I loved seeing your blog.

Cleo said...

Lovely flowers! Our little boy is in a cemetary that is within walking distance of our home, and we also visit his grave every Sunday that we are home, on our way home from Church. I know that he knows that we remember him often, and that gives me comfort. "Sweet is the Peace that the Gospel Brings."

Unknown said...

From Diana Edmunds (Nolan)

Hi,
One of the comments made me think of how we went to the cemetery after our Matthew died (age 3)every Sunday evening after Sacrament meeting. It was good for our other children and us too, of course. We haven't lived in the Chicago area for years so haven't been back, but we know where he is and very sure he is busy.

I'm thinking of doing a blog myself. They are so fun. Your little Erynn is a real cutie.