09 May 2009

ROSES ARE RED

These roses are from the "U-of-U"-gang rose bush that they sent money with instructions to purchase and plant a red rose bush when Glen passed away. (I assume all the widows, so far, have one of these somewhere in their yards?) Red is for University of Utah, of course. I have workmen coming tomorrow and needed to cut back the bush from the front siding, so I preserved all the best blooms and brought them into the house. I thought I'd share with whoever takes time to look here.

I know the icky brick color is not a good looking base, but I do like the family photos that reside on the hearth, as background! In the back, you can see Glen and me at our 50th anniversary celebration. He'd lost all his hair, but he looked handsome to me! The family at Christmas-time, 2006, is in front, and the youngest grandchild, Erynn (born in 2007) and her parents, are in the middle photo. So - in one frame or another, we are all there!

No comments: