03 September 2009

A few paintings, Jennifer

One of these days I should probably create a blog for my paintings, and my dad's as well, I guess. These are just candid shots, not very well lighted, etc., but it will give you an idea of what I do.
Adding Volendam painting. Couldn't find a photo, so took one. This one goes to Darryl and Leslie when, for whatever reason, I can no longer have it myself. I hope they live long enough? :o)

This next painting is my favorite for obvious sentimental reasons. In the background is Point Lobos, and this was our favorite beach at Carmel-by-the-Sea. This scene is of Glen's and my last visit there together.
Sorry the light is insufficient on this next one. This is Burano, an island off of Venice.

This one is of the Cam River, behind Cambridge University in England. (All these are done from my photos from when we/I have traveled.)

This painting is from Cape Cod -- no surprise. I could look up the name of the lighthouse, but another time.

This one is Norway. I took the photo through the train window. Took me forever to paint.

The light is not good on this shot, either, but the scene should be somewhat familiar to those who know Bear Lake. I think this is a combo Utah/Idaho shot, and taken from up the hills where all the fancy homes are being built.

This is Venice, looking out from St. Marks Square.

There are more, but I shall leave it at this for now. I need to get better-lit photographs, obviously.

I put this blog together for my cousin, Jennifer, who asked to see some paintings.

1 comment:

Scorchi said...

They are all incredible!!! I wish I could paint half as good!