02 September 2009

OREGON - August 2009 - End of my 3-week trip.

Imagine this is your living room Picture Window. It looks like a painting, doesn't it? This is the scene from Shumate's living room in Oregon. Glorious!
Donna Maldonado and I visited Neil and Joan Shumate, and my favorite photo is next. It is a lo-o-ong way from their house to the creek, and too much for some of us, so Neil put chairs in the bed of the truck for Donna and me, and Joan sat at the tailgate; Neil drove us as far as he was able. Isn't this a funny photo? Where is "granny" with her rocker?

This next photo is for perspective. This is not zoomed in any way. If you get out your magnifying glass, you can see the house way at the back of the photo, giving you a good idea of why we rode in chairs in the back of the truck!

We had to walk just a bit to get from where the truck stopped to get to the creek. But we made it! Here is Neil, Donna, and Joan.

There is a little water-fall here - still on their property. We picked (and ate) blackberries which grow wild by this stream.

I would have liked to wade. Sometime, perhaps..... (I've always liked wading; Glen would never wade with me, but I wade at the ocean, in lakes, and in streams. Glen enjoyed watching me enjoy it!)

I got a couple photos at my nephew's home; this is Ramon and Jeanne Holt with me. They live less than five minutes away from Donna. (Rame's gonna love this photo......)
I thought it would be nice to share this unfinished painting of the redwoods which my dad painted. Ramon was so smart to get this painting, which no one seemed to want. Now we're all drooling -- after it was properly frame. Even unfinished, it is lovely.

I wish I had taken a picture of my utterly destroyed tire that blew on Interstate 5, just below Grant's Pass! It was awesome, but I just wasn't thinking "pictures" at that time.
I had a wonderful three weeks away, and even the tire blowing was wonderful in that I was safe, and lost nothing but a little money for two new tires, and a couple hours' time. I'm counting my blessings!

No comments: