16 July 2011

Oregon - Last stops before home

Yep -- More lunches and dinners. Did I mention that I didn't lose an ounce on my trip? When I left WA, I drove to OR to stay with my friend, Donna. First night there, we drove up to Vancouver, WA to go to dinner with our good friend, Marjorie. I visited so many former Haywardites -- and here I am -- still there, with so many of my dearest friends having moved away! Sheesh! Donna's daughter, Lori, invited Donna and me to join her and her daughter, Katie, at her time-share on the coast. We stopped in Lincoln City at Mo's for some lunch on the way. No, I didn't do the clam chowder -- I tried it once, and it was tasty, but, oh my, the heart-burn! So no thanks. The Shrimp Louie was just fine for me. From left around the table - Donna, Katie, Lori, et moi.

The pool at the Depoe Bay resort was great! The water was a perfect temperature - not hot but not cold. I love playing in water, even though I am not a strong swimmer. I wouldn't do well in the ocean, I guess, although at Sting-Ray City in the Caribbean, I had a great time in that water. The sting-rays - not so much!

Here we are, at the end of our one-night stay; Loris stayed on and with Howard joining her later for the rest of the weekend.

My friend, Nancy, another Haywardite transplanted to Grant's Pass, Oregon, is such a generous hostess. She welcomed my stay with her on my way to California, as she has several times. She loves cats, and this is a cute one; I'm not into cats (or dogs, either), but I can appreciate them -- over there....

Nancy and I went to dinner, but I forgot and left my camera in the car, and we were in Nancy's car, so I lost that "at the table" scene. We had Mexican food. I like salsa, and cilantro.....


So -- except for a few scenics on another post, these are the family and friends with whom I spent nearly a month, just having fun and remembering "the good ol' days."

No comments: