03 May 2010

New York #2

Friday was the Metropolitan Museum day. How to choose which paintings to share here...oh, my goodness, so hard to choose. But here is a Monet; I love Monet.... There were so many of his paintings from all periods of his life.
I just had to include one more painting...This is a scene of Jerusalem by Frere. I was not familiar with his name, but oh, how I loved this painting! One needs to spend weeks in that museum!

I am not looking for a new boyfriend, but this guy is rather impressive - although I don't know about those ears! This was in the Egyptian section of the Met Museum, and a kind guard took my photo.

After leaving the Met Museum, I walked through a lot of Central Park. It is really lovely, and so huge! What a great gift to NYC. I loved the blossoms.

Friday evening was musical treat night. Christine and I first went to a recital of Erin Morley, who is a fabulous soprano! She is LDS, and spoke in church on Sunday along with her husband. I think we will be hearing much more from Erin in future! . . . After her recital, which was at 6 p.m., Christine guided me over to the theater where I watched "South Pacific." All of this evening's music was at Lincoln Center - a truly wonderful place.



What a totally fabulous day this was!

1 comment:

laurel said...

Central Park really is a gift! We may not have a back yard but we have Central Park (and many other parks)!

I'm glad to hear you liked South Pacific!