28 June 2009

Utah Stuff - Fun with Joe and Glo

I ended up taking two days to drive to Utah, for a change. I had an opportunity to leave noonish on Monday, the 15th, so drove to Winnemucca and stayed one night in the "Bates Motel." I didn't shower, and I locked the doors thoroughly. But I saved about $30, and the bed was good. It was a non-smoking room - at least in the last five years. For the 50 years before that, it was a smoking room, but it wasn't too bad, and I was tired!

Next day I drove to Riverton to spend time with Joe and Glo Jensen (close buddies from our U of U days, in particular at the Institute of Religion where we met). Joe and Glen were often mistaken for brothers, with their blond, curly hair; they were a couple of Sanpete County boys - Joe from Mount Pleasant and Glen from Manti. We double-dated, and have been friends for about 57 years.

Here are the Jensens in front of the Draper Temple, which they took me to see. You have to love that wild sky!
I was fascinated by the ultra-mansions on the hills above the Draper Temple. Some are not inhabited, and when the "bubble" burst, they found those houses hard to sell. They are pretty fancy, but some of the architecture reminded me of Hogwarts! They have killer views, though.



Have any of you been to Cabela's in Lehi, at the Point of the Mountain on the way to Provo? We were close, so Jensen's took me there to look around. It's amazing. Imagine my "catching" this great photo of a moose without being trampled! Cabela's is an amazing place, for sure!

No comments: